First, thank you for your interest in donating to the Stillwater Habitat for Humanity ReStore! We appreciate our donors as they are key to making our efforts successful. Because we are a non-profit organization, your donations are tax-deductable. We accept a variety of items, beyond most non-profit resale organizations. Please see the following F.A.Q. below for more information.
What items are acceptable?
- Appliances: Working or non-working
- Furniture: Must be free of major stains, rips, tears and functional in the case of recliners, etc
- Electronics: Working or non-working
- Sinks: Please, no rust stains or cracked sinks
- Toilets: Must not be cracked or chipped and must have a tank lid if applicable
- Windows: No broken glass, please
- Doors: Doors must be in great condition, no holes or peeling please
- Cabinets: Kitchen, garage or most any other types are acceptable in useable condition
- Dishes: Sets preferred, no chips or broken dishes, please
- Knick Knacks: All types
- CARS: We will take your car, running or not!
- Recyclable Metal: Any metal items may be recycled, but must be brought to the store
- TVs: Must be less than 10 years old and working, no projection or console tvs please
- Used/Spoiled Paint
- Projection or Console Televisions
- Televisions older than 10 years
- Broken or Unuseable Items
Do you take all major household appliances, even if they are broken?
Yes. Appliances and other items consisting of mostly metal will be taken whether or not they are in working condition. We have a major metal recycling center on site and can recycle most appliances and other metal items.
Do you take electronics?
Yes. We will take electronics whether or not they are in working order. In addition to our metal recycling, we also have the ability to recycle electronics.
Does the ReStore have the capability to pick up my donation?
In most cases, yes. The ReStore has an 18' box truck that we use to pick up donations from 9am to 5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays 9am to 1pm. We can pick up items that are too large to be transported in a car as long as the items are in resellable and/or complete working order. Unfortunately, we can not pick up items that are for recycle only. If you would like to schedule a pick up, you may call the store at 405-372-8100 or email the manager at ReStore@stillwaterhabitat.org.