ReStore Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Projects 2013
The Stillwater Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a resale store that financially supports the HfH building projects in Stillwater. Donated items are sold to the public at 50%- 90% off retail- but to operate the store we need volunteer help from the community.
The following is a list of on-going maintenance projects, special store improvements, operational help, and regular weekly times that assistance is needed. If you have a group that can come for a special project or if you are an individual who could dedicate once a week or once a month, we would love to have you join the Habitat Team. For further information, please contact the ReStore Manager.
Weekly: These projects require at least one 2-hour shift per week per category and can be performed anytime during store hours.
- Home Electronics Testing
- Appliance Testing
- Craig’s List Sales
- Social Networking
- Customer sales or cashiering
- Donation receiving and processing
- Minor furniture repair and cleaning
- Lawn Equipment Repair
- Organize food donations for volunteers
- Donation cleaning/prepping
- Store cleaning and Staging
- Sort and separate metal recycling
- Greeting customers
- Department Maintenance/Customer Service
- Recycling Center (Primarily Saturdays)
These projects could be done once a month during store hours by a group of volunteers.
- Lot Maintenance
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Flyer distribution
- Major departmental organization
- Paint dumping/can recycling
Special Group Projects:
These projects are typically one or two-day projects that typically require two or more individuals. The ReStore will generally provide all the supervision, materials, and tools. These projects can be scheduled to accommodate the groups’ preferred time frame.
- Landscaping: Create plan to add additional landscaping, seek donation of materials and implement plan
- Create a "Volunteer Appreciation Wall"
- Create a "Mission Wall"
- Reorganize volunteer breakroom
- Repair concrete floor: clean and seal sections of store floor
PLEASE NOTE: Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. Supervision must be provided for volunteers ages 14-15. Typically no special skills are required, unless indicated. Training and assistance are supplied. Waivers and contact information must be filled out before becoming a ReStore Volunteer.