We are now accepting applications for the next house to be built.
There are three important areas that are considered in the qualification and selection process for Habitat for Humanity partner families:
- Your present housing is substandard or inadequate
- You are unable to obtain adequate housing through other conventional means.
- Ability to pay for the new house
- You are able to make the monthly house payment
- Your credit is good and your income and employment records are stable
- Your income falls within certain guidelines.
- Willingness to partner
- When selected, you become a "partner family".
- As a "partner family," you agree to work a certain number of hours with volunteers on the building of your home and the house of another Habitat family. These hours will count toward your total "sweat equity" contribution to be completed before becoming a homeowner. We hope our families will become lifelong partners in our mission, continuing long after the "minimum requirements" have been met. Special arrangements will be made for physical limitations.
To download the application and guidelines, please click here. This is first step in the process of becoming a Partner Family.